Steam help..

Ok, I just decided tonight that I would install FM12 on my Pc (I've been playing on mylaptop since I've bought it)

I insert the FM12 disk, it comes up with a little FM menu, I click install FM12, then it pop's up with a Steam thing 'Click if you agree and are other 13 years of age etc'

Then it pop's up with a 'an unidentfied program wants to make changes to your computer- Valve Steam installer'

So I click allow, then it installs Steam, then as soon as it finishes, I get this pop up message.

unledadf.jpg

Now Steam as installed (I assume) because the Steam Icon is on my desktop and I have a Steam folder in my program files, but when ever I double click on the Steam Icon it keeps giving me this message.

I am connected to the internet, I'm posting this now from my PC.

I've searched the Steam threads, and all I can find is stuff about deleting the registry/settings and verifying the cache. I have done this, then reinstalled Steam, but it still keeps giving me this message.

I did a google search and there was something about the firewall, well I've turned the firewall off etc but it did not work.

Then there was something about port forwarding, which looked really confusing and I don't have a clue about that stuff.

Starting to get a bit mad at Steam now, I used to be able to play FM, on either my Laptop or PC without any trouble. Now I can't even install the game on my PC!

My PC is a pretty decent PC, and I did have Steam installed on it without any problems, for the FM12 demo. But I uninstalled it, after I had a little mess about on the FM12 demo.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Thanks for the reply, but I can't get into Steam what so ever.

When ever I click on the Steam Icon, it instantly pops up with that "Steam.exe(main exeption): To run Steam, you must first connect to the internet" error message.

And FM12 is not installed on my PC and never as been (I only had the demo installed about 2 months ago, but I uninstalled it about 2 weeks after)

When ever I put the FM12 disk in the disk drive, it just installs Steam and then pops up with that error..

Ok, I think I'm getting somewhere, I've just done a 'System Restore' on my PC.

Then when it started back up, the Steam icon is in the desktop tray, and if I move my cursor over it, it says 'Updating Steam - 27% complete'

Fingers crossed that it's working now.

Edit:

It's working now.

Archived