[MAC] Can't load FM12 through Steam

Hey guys..

A problem I just started having in the last two days.

When I click either the shortcut to FM or through my Steam library, I get a message saying 'preparing to launch FM' and after about two seconds, it disappears - never to load FM.

When I try to restart Steam to see if that helps, I get a message saying 'please exit FM to exit Steam'. Nothing is loaded, even in Activity Monitor.

I've tried loading from offline mode, online, through the shortcut, through the library etc.

I have automatic updates turned off (deliberately, even though it updated me once already with it disabled), and I've played around 80 hours with no problems so far.

Such a random problem that seemed to come about from nothing.

Help!

I have the exact same problem as well. VERY annoying.

I've read through some other posts where people recommend using the properties -> local files -> verify integrity - but it's doesn't work for me either. I Figured a steam update was loaded as i started up steam - from there on FM12 stopped working.

Cheers, but we shouldn't have to reinstall anything? IF that's our only solution I better reset my watch to 2001.

I agree. Just noticed that this has helped when some official stuff had failed and thought that some people who have bought the game already might be willing to jump through yet more hoops in order to play it, if only once more. ;)

I seer you took my post off ... just to update you I intend to write to every news paper in the country explaining what an awful game this and how you do not support your customers ... in addition I shall be taking Sega and SI to the small claims court ... I intend to make a stand against your arrogance

You are ridiculous. What is your problem?

It's a computer game. Other than buying it, what entitlement do you think you are owed?

They employ people to help with problems, and the problem is most likely caused by your own hardware. Get over yourself and figure it out.

I have a problem with my game, too.. but I'm not going to whine and complain.

People these days. Ridiculous.

You are ridiculous. What is your problem?

It's a computer game. Other than buying it, what entitlement do you think you are owed?

They employ people to help with problems, and the problem is most likely caused by your own hardware. Get over yourself and figure it out.

I have a problem with my game, too.. but I'm not going to whine and complain.

People these days. Ridiculous.

But not necessarily, Neil Brock SI Post #30; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283048-Absolute-Joke

Either way - have some faith. I don't understand why people are so quick to jump to hatred and disenchantment when it comes to a problem.

Have some patience.. work it out. Wait.

If you can't play the game, go live life. There is a whole 12 months before a new Football Manager is released.

Apologies if my opinion on all of this is strange.. I just see a lot of hatred towards SI on this forum. Without them, you wouldn't even have the game to play.

Either way - have some faith. I don't understand why people are so quick to jump to hatred and disenchantment when it comes to a problem.

Have some patience.. work it out. Wait.

If you can't play the game, go live life. There is a whole 12 months before a new Football Manager is released.

Apologies if my opinion on all of this is strange.. I just see a lot of hatred towards SI on this forum. Without them, you wouldn't even have the game to play.

I think what you are seeing is a lot of frustration from people who can't access their game, each expresses it in their own way. I would say that most anger shown is towards Steam rather than SI, which is understandable considering Steam is new in the game and appears to be what is causing a lot of the problems.

Archived