Is there a Sports Interactive book of football jargon?

As many of my players seems confused by general football terms, I wondered if there was some sort of book available that they could read. They seem to be under the impression a "Target Man" with instructions to play to his head needs through balls played to run on to. My "Poacher" is constantly getting balls hit to him at neck height. My "Sweeper Keeper" never comes out of goal to sweep up through balls, he does like to run out of the box with the ball at his feet for some reason. My "Short" throw ins are always thrown as far as possible, if it is level with the opposition penalty area always to an opponent. My "Quick Throw" instruction for my keeper to play the ball to the full back is generally interpreted as a boot up the field to the aforementioned poacher.

Vent over.

As many of my players seems confused by general football terms, I wondered if there was some sort of book available that they could read. They seem to be under the impression a "Target Man" with instructions to play to his head needs through balls played to run on to. My "Poacher" is constantly getting balls hit to him at neck height. My "Sweeper Keeper" never comes out of goal to sweep up through balls, he does like to run out of the box with the ball at his feet for some reason. My "Short" throw ins are always thrown as far as possible, if it is level with the opposition penalty area always to an opponent. My "Quick Throw" instruction for my keeper to play the ball to the full back is generally interpreted as a boot up the field to the aforementioned poacher.

Vent over.

Try "reverse terminology" :D

Archived