Player position swap

In past versions of FM, I haven't bothered with this tactical feature (where you can set two players to switch positions on the tactics screen), because, as well as swapping 2 players' positions, it also swapped their individual instructions too.

For example, if one of my strikers was set to poacher, and the other was set to deep lying forward - support, player swap would mean the poacher would take on the instructions for the deep lying forward.

I was under the impression that this had been changed for FM2012. But when I tried it before, it didn't seem to work.

Am I missing something, or is it still not possible to swap player positions without swapping individual instructions?

It's an excellent point, if it hasn't been changed, it's about time it should be. I'd be tempted to use it on my strikers to confuse the opposition defence, but I'm not willing to let my 5'9'' poacher start holding the ball up, and my target man trying to dribble round everyone.

I swap my wingers over, I was under the impression they just take on each others roles, but it can be messy, if you make a sub, then move one of your players who is down to swap, ie left winger upfront, the swap goes crazy and your striker starts swapping with the winger, not sure why this is, but Ive had strikers in goal on previous tactics because of this and cant get them out

Archived