Multiplayer on LAN mode

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are planning to buy two copies of the game, cause we usually play in multiplayer local lan together. As stated in "Activation and Offline Mode" FAQ, we will need to use internet for network games.

As we do not have internet in our vacation house (we are there every weekend!), it is necessary also for local LAN? In that case, it will mean that we have to buy an internet key also... :(

Thanks GoalieManPat, I hope so, but I need to get an answer by someone who know it, cause if I can't play in local LAN without the net It will make sense to buy one copy and play with two manager on the same laptop instead than buy an internet key only for this purpose (100€ about). Worse gameplay, but 150 € saves...

Yes it will be possible, there is a section called local servers. If one of you has "run as server" ticked then it will appear in there.

If it doesn't, find out the ip address of the machine running as server and the other person clicks "Join other server" and types that ip address in there.

You don't need to be on-line when you play the game so as long as you set your steam accounts to offline mode you should be fine to play over a LAN but as I have no way of testing I think you should wait and see if one of SI or Sega employees can give you a definite answer

Thank you for answers!

So, to play offline multiplayer lan (2 players), I have to:

- Install FM2012 on first PC and activate it via Steam;

- Install FM2012 on the notebook, log in with my Steam account and let it recognize FM2012;

- Put both PCs in Offline Steam Mode;

- Run first PC and create a match;

- Run notebook, choose Multiplayer and join the server.

Is that correct?

First: thanks for the answer.

Second: Just purchased our second copy of FM2012. We believe that even if offline mode is possible with one copy, people that is doing the best managing game of earth deserve this money... and we are really happy to pay 100 € instead of 200 € (internet key...)

First: thanks for the answer.

Second: Just purchased our second copy of FM2012. We believe that even if offline mode is possible with one copy, people that is doing the best managing game of earth deserve this money... and we are really happy to pay 100 € instead of 200 € (internet key...)

Yes, I understand that people that is doing best managing game of earth deserve this money, but I have to think also african people and made a donation for them. There is famine in Somalia...better 50 to Sigames and 50 to africans :D

Archived