More interested in development of club?

Just trying to see if anybody else plays like me.

I feel like I play this game more like a tycoon game with every new save. I seem to prefer holidaying through games, and focusing on finances, increasing gate receipts, increasing reputation, upgrading stadium and facilities etc...

Does anybody else do the same? I usually save, then holiday for a day through a game. I sometimes enjoy playing around with reputation, local population and finances to make an interesting game world that shifts power in the world of football.

The injuries and random performances that the game imposes when you holiday really annoy me though!

So yeah, anyone else?

PS. Sorry if this is the wrong location for the thread!

Yep, I never pick top teams to coach. I've barely ever coached any top-tier clubs.

Generally, I always pick a team from lowest league of England / Italy / Sweden and focus on a team until the end. I tend to like England low league teams more because of such tight competitions and more chances of earning prize money to develop my teams. FA cup for an example, if you can somehow manage to get into second round, the prize money is almost as good as a club's annual income.

Watching such a lowly club to grow in fanbase / stadium capacity etc etc is where I find the real fun in FM.

Yep. I use the league add-ons to go down to the lower levels. I have Penrith FC playing in League 2, and have them in the second or third round of the FA Cup two years running.

I'm worried the penalties for holidaying are going to be massive in FM12 though.

I usually do this too because it makes the season go by faster and you can have quicker fun with player development and squad building. My main problem with it is assistant managers not getting good results (even if they have good attributes), and 95% of them playing 4-4-2. I tried this in FM06 originally and it worked very well, its not as easy in 11.

I actually wrote a thread on the exact same thing: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/210833-Playing-Chairman-mode-it-is-possible

German lower league system is nice also. I do like German reserve team system where your reserve team actually competes in lower leagues which can actually advance up to 3.Liga if they do well.

Too bad that the default system won't let you go down below Tier 3 (3.Liga). My fav team in German is Holstein Kiel.

Not much point in going lower than blue square net though since player attributes range from only 1 ~ 20. Blue squre N/S players' average attributes are about 6 to 8 which is only slightly better than youth players.

I don't know, if they make the attribute system wider, like 1 - 40 or even 1 - 100, I can see it work.

Archived