From Manchester to Macclesfield

I'd like some feedback on the degree of difference between managing a 'top' team such as one of the Manchester Massive and a lower league team. I'm wondering if anyone has tried both in the demo and noticed the extent of the differences. I'm not concerned about the players themselves and the ME; rather, I'd like to know about comparing the backroom staff.

For example, in previous FMs the scout next opposition report tended to be the same whether the scout has attributes of 20 or 2 - how about now?

Do the new detailed scout reports give much the same information in FM12 regardless of a scout's ability? Is the lower league/lower attributes scout less accurate?

How about assman/coach advice re. player preferred moves, best positions, taking corners etc.? Do poorer quality staff give less of this advice or the same but less accurate, or is it the same as at Manchester United?

:)

Not sure about your comment on Scout next opposition. I remember having varying degrees of information on that in previous FMs

I've found that a poor scout will only tell you what formation the opposition will play and that's about it, whereas a better one will tell you likely dangermen etc as well as how they play.

I don't think the fact that being at a lower league club would have an effect on the scouts abilities though. If he's good he's good regardless of where he's employed.

At least that's what I've found so far.

Yeh, what I really want to know is the difference between scouting and coach information depending on their attributes.

I was just generalising by suggesting that scouts/coaches at Man Utd/Man City will have very high key attributes and at Macclesfield (just an alliterative example) low attributes.

Focusing on FM12, scout player reports and assman/coach recommendations then, any insights?

Archived