Steam on a couple of computers

Im using a couple of laptops and Steam for the 1st time.

I know that you can only play on one system at a time via Steam but can you play the same saved game on both systems at different times? (one at home, one at work eg. you log into Steam and it has your saved game avaliable to play in different locations).

If this avaliable, how do you do it?

Regards

Mark

You can't save your savegame to Steam, so not in the way you're describing, no. There is the Steam Cloud service that does this, but FM savegames are too big to make use of this in any practical manner. It will only work if you transfer the savegame around manually, which I suppose isn't unthinkable if you just keep it on a USB stick or somesuch.

but FM savegames are too big to make use of this in any practical manner.

I don't know... my save over 5 seasons is only about 100mb. Shouldn't take any longer than 5 or 10 minutes on a half decent connection. I'd love that feature if it were available.

Dropbox is fine but having to not do it manually would be a nice addition.

Steam Cloud has a hard limit of 100MB per user per game, so it's problematic. As someone on a fast connection I'm generally in agreement though, but it's probably unlikely to happen anytime soon for FM.

Thanks guys.

Been away from FM for a couple of years, now just catching up with all the new changes.

No worries Mark. Steam will put your save game in the same place as the boxed copy - My Docs / Sports Interactive / FM12 / Games.

As Scab said, you can either copy it onto a usb or use an online storage site like DropBox which syncs your files between both of your PCs.

Archived