Coaching Badges

Hello, It's probably abit to late to add to FM12 but i think it will be a good idea to introduce coaching badges into the game so we could asses coaches better and see what level there at. For example it is preety unrealistic on how a player retires from football and after is automatically a fully qualified coach and is ready to manage a premiership team. I think retired players should have more experience before they upgrade there badges until there good enough to manage. This can also help a the search filter wear instead of you searching for a coach based on his attributes, you can instead search for a coach based on what coaching level he is at.

What do you reckon?

a lot of players start taking their coaching badges during their playing careers.

it would probably be a good addition, although i imagine there may be legal issues regarding licencing.

also worth considering that coaching badges don't nessecarily mean they are better coaches. micky adams was one of the first british coaches to achieve the UEFA PRO licence when he was managing in the premiership and was the only one in the league who had it and he was hardly a success.

iirc experienced coaches like SAF and Wenger have never taken this course (or hadnt at the the time it became mandatory for top flight managers - eventually they were given a bye due to their experience as well as any other coach with a certain number of years experience)

Other than being a gimmicky news item - 'Player X has indicated to you that he is interested in becoming a manager when he retires and has decided to start taking his coaching badges' - I fail to see what difference it would make really. Just assume that players are doing that when they are still playing and have gained them once they gain staff attributes.

Archived