Home grown

a common problem especially in the first seasons is the number of homegrown players needed for the champions league or nation grown for league ex BPL .. does anyone now what it is exactly that a player needs to do to be considered homegrown ? if i send the player on loan will those seasons still contribute ? i bought neymar at the start of the game ..by the time he is 21 he will have completed 3 seasons..but he doesnt have a due date..why ?

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2094341,00.html

The above link outlines the rule surronding Home Grown Players in one of the paragraphs states 'In Keeping with UEFA guidlines an Under 21 player is defind as one who is under the age of 21 on the 1st January in the year in which the season commences.' 'For the 2010/11 Campaign under 21 players will have to be born on or after 01 January 1989' and will have to have been linked to an affiliated club to the FA or FAW for 3 seasons or 36 months before there 21st birthday. and the season start after the transfer window closes so it will start 01/09/2010

Under the rules he should be covered the only thing I can think of is that if he does not get a work permit then perhaps hes not classed has being at an affiliate because effectivly he is not allowed to play for you, so is not registered to the FA.

Archived