Co-Owned Trasfers

I am MK Dons and I want to by a player who is co-owed. I go to make offer and all I get is offer club X 50% stake. I have no idea what that means, can I even but this player?

Basically 2 clubs joint own the player and you have to pay the 2 clubs. so if you buy from 1 club you only half own the player so you have to buy the other half from the other club. Hope that makes sense :)

I am MK Dons and I want to by a player who is co-owed. I go to make offer and all I get is offer club X 50% stake. I have no idea what that means, can I even but this player?

Yes, but you have to buy the stakes of both players, so this will be an expensive deal, I myself back away from buying co-owned players as they're not worth the money IMO.

Should be pointed out that co-ownerships only exist in Italy (correct me if there are other countries where this is standard practice). Some have claimed that co-ownership is a mechanism to keep Italian prospects playing in the Italian league system. Granted there are some advantages to both sides (usually a lower level team gets an instant cash injection but keeps their promising player, while the bigger team gets a claim over a good prospect but can let him wait to develop). That all said, the OP's post shows that it makes signing co-owned players much trickier.

Archived