AI Scouting

Hi all,

I was wondering how the AI can scout your team? What weaknesses does it look for? I'm asking because I've seen other members mention it before. Also because I'm having that awful second season slump as I've just one the league.

Well, if you look at how in depth a good assistant manager can analyse a squad both during and before a match (pre-match advice and all that), and issue opposition instructions accordingly, it's safe to assume that an AI manager (a good one in any case) does much the same.

The famous second season slump however is in my opinion more the result of a reputation increase due to you winning the league. The season you first won the league, clubs didn't really value your team as highly. This meant that they would play more open and attacking football, allowing you to keep it tight and counter well, or even surprise them by attacking yourself. This second season the opposition has finally admitted your team is better than they initially thought. Because they are now playing against a former league winner, they will play more defensive and keep spaces tight. The best way to get around this would be to play a more controlling game, keeping the ball and looking for an opening. Of course, a different playstyle demands different skills from your players, with creativity and flair becoming more important.

I've switched to control rather than attack but I reckon I'm going to struggle this season as the opposition are scoring absolute screamers that I'm just going to have to sit back and admire :mad:

I think Europe and the cups will be my best bet as I'm a bit of an unknown in those competitions.

BTW thanks for the info!

They don't have any tools that you don't have. As eldereth says, there's assistant-implemented OIs, backroom advice and scout reports- these give you the information that the AI receives.

Eldereth is also right about the second season slump. One thing I'd recommend after winning the league is signing the best attacking midfielder you can, as they'll be able to carry the ball at the defence, find that killer pass or take a shot from range, all things you'll have to do a lot more now.

Archived