is FM any good on the Ipad?

• SI Staff

I'll try and be as unbiased as I can.

Football Manager Handheld is designed to be a bit 'lighter' and faster to play than the FM PC/Mac game; its more akin to our earlier management titles - still realistic but not quite so demanding of its users attention to minutae.

On iOS devices the game is created as a universal application which adapts to the system its installed upon; that is you can use it on whatever device you want from iTouch, iPad, iPhone. On the iPad it will display in a HD resolution with some pages laid out differently to make the game as easy to play as possible.

Yes, sorry, I assumed that's where you were coming from. As Marc says, it's more like an earlier PC version, more like CM3. There's a few shortcomings but it's a lot easier to use than on an iPod touch and it is the best footy management game on the iOS devices by a long, long way.

In my opinion it is better than handheld, but very basic compared with the pc version. I personally cant get into it as I am now used to the 3d match view and the 2d engine on handheld is basic in comparison. However if you are going travelling or something then it would be an ideal game to play on a long journey.

It is really bad, I mean the coder obviously is some n00b who cannot code more than a line break ;).

In all seriousness, it is for different people as some like the speed (like myself) but some like more depth that the PC offers the best thing I can say to you is do not expect it to rival the PC at all.

• SI Staff
It is really bad, I mean the coder obviously is some n00b who cannot code more than a line break ;).

Shhhh, its a secret that FMH is actually written by a room full of kittens chained to typewriters .... ooops, well it was a secret :D;)

Archived