Tweak home advantage?

Just interested in what this tweak was and whether it made the home teams better or worse. Since the update, I've found the home teams scoring at a rate of 1 from 3 chances, making it very difficult. In fact, I subsequently lost the league title on the last day, by losing at Stoke 2-1. Chances were 6-12 to my team. The fact that they were 17th in the league didn't appear to affect their morale. Nor did playing three injured players, or the fact that their entire team was crap.

On a related issue, we really need to see those goalkeeper hidden stats. I replaced my goaly mid-season because he was letting too many in. The replacement didn't seem that much better. It's a bit silly trying to replace your goaly constantly because you can't tell whether it's his fault that too many goals are being conceeded. By this I mean it's the ratio of chances to goals. The opposing team score too many. The goaly hidden attributes don't seem to affect the other teams, or that their goalies are worse than mine.

Apparently the tweaks do not affect the home-team itself, nor the scoring chances. It affects players and how they handle pressure. And pressure can come from playing away to full stadiums as well as playing home to your crowd. Marc, correct me if I'm wrong :)

I'm having problems with goalies too. And I also feel that I can buy the best goalie in the league, and under my guidance he will be on a fast track to become the worst...

• SI Staff

The change (as rafafloripa mentioned) affects the menality of the players and managers slightly.

In practice what you should find is that it means the away team (for CPU teams) are a little less defensive generally, how this affects your team performance obviously depends somewhat on the tactics you're using.

PS - It might always be that your defense isn't giving the keeper any help? - if you're playing a back 4 with wingback roles for instance then you better be blooming sure that those wingbacks are quality enough to be back when required etc.

PS - It might always be that your defense isn't giving the keeper any help? - if you're playing a back 4 with wingback roles for instance then you better be blooming sure that those wingbacks are quality enough to be back when required etc.

They're Brazilian wingbacks Marc! Cafu and Roberto Carlos regens ;)

Well I'm up to season 2025 so all my players are pretty good and I never play wingbacks in a 4-4-2, so the question about goalies still stands. As i said, and as others have said in previous posts, if you have your players for a couple of seasons you are going to know what their attributes are. If concentration is such a big factor then you really need to know what it is so you can tell whether to buy someone else.

Archived