[iPhone] Game experience after 2.5 update

Just two things:

1. My transfer acumen increased quite rapidly! It's now 19 after one and a half season! Makes me truly happy, and I really want to believe that it's due to my great skills. But I would recommend a double check to verify if it is balanced enough.

2. I've had a penalty taken with the goalkeeper out of the area. Easy score :) - Don't know if it's related to the update, though.

Hi Rafa

1. My transfer acumen increased quite rapidly! It's now 19 after one and a half season! Makes me truly happy, and I really want to believe that it's due to my great skills. But I would recommend a double check to verify if it is balanced enough.

Did you carry on a previous save or is this a new game created on version 2.5?

Have you been reasonably active in the transfer market?

2. I've had a penalty taken with the goalkeeper out of the area. Easy score :) - Don't know if it's related to the update, though.

This isn't a new issue since the update and it is hopefully rare. It's one of those annoying ones.

Hi David!

Did you carry on a previous save or is this a new game created on version 2.5?

Previous save, created under 2.4 version. And yes, I've been very active in the transfer market. Only loans and free transfers.

The way the change works - it'll adjust to compensate for transfers which are still 'in scope' (ie. any you've done previously during the current season).

That makes a lot more sense! I should start a new game and see how it changes normally!

Actually, could you give us an insight of how it is calculated?

my transfer acuman shot up too... however my domestic bias is a pitiful 3! I've got about three first teamers who are English... (playing crystal palace) it was a lot higher in a 2.4 save with Vilarreal where i only had a few spaniards in the team...

• SI Staff
That makes a lot more sense! I should start a new game and see how it changes normally!

Actually, could you give us an insight of how it is calculated?

Hmm simplifying things somewhat when you do a transfer it looks at his cost, the player and how he's performed for you since his signing (and whether he's improved or declined in ability since) and then changes the value behind the scenes slightly.

(think of the 1-20 displayed as a value of say 1-2000 which is divided down to give the visible value)

These changes are done continually on a slow basis over the course of time ... culminating in an assessment of your transfer acumen which will hopefully correlate to how people might judge it irl.

Hmm simplifying things somewhat when you do a transfer it looks at his cost, the player and how he's performed for you since his signing (and whether he's improved or declined in ability since) and then changes the value behind the scenes slightly.

(think of the 1-20 displayed as a value of say 1-2000 which is divided down to give the visible value)

These changes are done continually on a slow basis over the course of time ... culminating in an assessment of your transfer acumen which will hopefully correlate to how people might judge it irl.

Very interesting, and apparently fair enough. Thanks :)

Archived