dur dur hat goes on foot. Clever media! (and long shots)

A brief background; I've been given an FA Cup 1st round draw against Droylsdon or Gainsboro (they had to have a replay) so I thought I'd go watch ^_^

I thought the long-shots = winner point that has been brought up numerous times before was worth mentioning. The AI certainly likes their long shots, two of the goals scored in that game went in from in excess of 30-40 yards out, including one that was just pure hollywood, almost half-way line like!

Anyway, after the game I got a cute message;

"The media are at a loss to explain why Redditch boss Rob Oda was at the game..."

Really now? :p Maybe, you know, the winners of that game get to play me in the FA cup eh?

On the other hand, I watched the Manchester United and Inter Milan CL Final but didn't get paid any notice :) (and United lost 1-3 in a superb show of following on with reality, much to the dismay of my nephew who refused to speak to me for making him watch them lose the CL Final twice in so many days hee hee! :lol:)

Anyway are the media normally that dense? I don't want to run the risk of scouting a game and having some silly headline saying I'm after a job at the ground or something like that...

To be fair, the chances of someone noticing the Redditch manager at the CL final are quite slim - and even if they had, noone would think it worth mentioning in the press.

Guest markyosullivan

If you go to watch a team who have a player that is on your shortlist, sometimes the media will say '(Manager name) was seen at the match, it is rumoured that he is interest in signing (Player name)'.

Also if you go to watch a team who have one of your players on loan it says '(Manager name) was seen at the match, aparently he was checking up on his player on loan at the club, (player name)'.

Archived