How to sack my assistent manager?

I started unemployed and after several weeks I signed Wolfsburg after Steve McLaren was sacked.

I want to rearrange my staff and ultimately I want to sack both my assistent manager. I succeeded sacking one of them but the second one was cancelled by the board because to high fee we had to pay him.

I thought it would be possible to sign another assistent manager next to the one I could not sack but the board is cancelling the second assistent manager I want to sign.

This means the only option is trying to sack the one that could be sacked because of the high fee we have to pay him but the guy is really worthless.

I offered him a new contract as a coach, hoping he would accept but the guy would not accept and runs off after the second proposal I've made him.

Does anyone know what I can do to sack him so I have the possibility to sign a high quality assistent manager?

Thanks in advance...

Did you offer mutual termination or just cancel contract? If it was just cancel contract then offer mutual termination as he will accept a lower leaving fee, if you did offer mutual termination then I think you may just have to wait it out until someone else wants him or his contract runs out.

Part of the challenge of management is dealing with the resources you've inherited. Normally you got the job because the previous manager was sacked. It's quite likely that he was sacked because his staff and players let him down. You applied for the job on that basis, so you've just got to get on with it.

Have the same problem in my game with Atletico Madrid.

The Assistant manager I inherited is a muppet on a huge long-term contract who even when offering mutual termination apart from take over requires too big a fee for the board to allow it.

I finally managed to offer him a new contract which is 2 years instead of 5 with slightly higher pay (he wouldn't accept anything else) and STILL the mutual termination fee is too big and board doesn't allow it. So I'm stuck with him for now it seems and can't sign a quality Ass Man because the board doesn't let more than 1 be there.

I do have a coach in my own club who I want to take over as assistant when this chump finally leaves though, maybe I should offer him a contract as Ass Man and see if board allows that since he's already ours... doubt it still but worth a try I guess....

Archived