Player retiring on the day just before World Cup Final

Yes, this is happening to me, and I just can't believe it. I'm in year 2014, managing Icory Coast national team. Didier Drogba scored 7 goals in a tournament. He retired from international football on 6.7.2014. BUT BEFORE THE FINAL GAME. I now have to play the final game without the best striker of the tournament. Here are screenies:

Drogba1

Drogba 2

Drogba 3

Yes, this is happening to me, and I just can't believe it. I'm in year 2014, managing Icory Coast national team. Didier Drogba scored 7 goals in a tournament. He retired from international football on 6.7.2014. BUT BEFORE THE FINAL GAME. I now have to play the final game without the best striker of the tournament. Here are screenies:

Drogba1

Drogba 2

Drogba 3

Lol. Yah, I think thats clearly got to be a bug. Just one thats no-one really thought about lol.

Tis funny though. Never played in the WCF before.... but sod it, i'll retire just before. Maybe it will make me some kind of cult hero!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

How is he that good when hes 36 !!!

On all my games he turns into a championship/league one standard player by the age of 32/33 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MUST be FMM at work here. I agree - once ANY striker on FM08 turns 32 he declines sharply, especially physical stats. By 34 he's virtually a cripple. It's coded as automatic and one of my biggest peeves with the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How is he that good when hes 36 !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I don't have a clue. He's still in Chelsea, but haven't played much past few seasons. He's still the best player I've got in the national team.

BTW, I lost the final match 2-0... made 10 shots on target, but none went in...

Archived