Finest Moment...

What has been your best result under pure pressure. Because I got to thinking about my best results under truly rediculous circumstances. Last night's had to take the cake, pure and simple. Also, just to put this into perspective, it 2021 and I'm the manager of Derby and England.

This is what I saw when I went to squad selection for the UEFA Super Cup match against Roma. Squad Selection

Well, the reasons seemed clearer when I had a good look at my fixtures. http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5151/whynn6.jpg

So I had to select a squad out of players returning from long term injuries, the dregs of my youth team that weren't good enough to make youth international teams, and lastly Panis and Abbas Al Qahtani, both of which are quality players who weren't selected for the national sides for some unknown reason. So whilst there was some quality, the rest of the team were sub-blue square premier quality. This was to face off against a Roma side who had 2/3rds of their first team still. New Team

However, despite the massive odds against, this massively understrength side with only one of my regular first team players managed to bring home the trophy. Result

Here's a screeny of my finest moment so far. I was 3-0 down after the first leg....

Phew

That result saved my bacon as it was the quarter finals and i'd been set the task of reaching semis at least. I went on to win it that season (ps Messi dived for that penalty and I even had the good grace to say Utd could feel hard done by).

Sosnin is class icon_biggrin.gif

I only remember one such moment. It was in FM2006:

I was managing Alania Vladikavkaz in the Russian league. The year was 2011 and I had qualified for the first knockout-round of the Champions League. I had to defeat Chelsea. I drew 2-2 at home so in my head I had given up. Yet I won the return leg 1-0. The goalscorer was my 19-year old substitute striker who had been disappointing until then. Chelsea had 3 goals disallowed during the match and generally dominated and I had 2 shots during the game, 1 on target. It was truly a beautiful moment icon_biggrin.gif

With Arsenal, in relegation zone in november first season and about to be sacked. I somehow turn it around, finish 2nd then the next season win the quadruple and then the next win every single competition without losing a single game!

Archived