How to get an interesting job?

Hey. I'm playing with England, and I won the European Cup. I figure that would give me some reputation, and I really want to apply for a club job now. I'm not looking for something impossible, but I really want to play with Stoke, Birmingham, West Ham, Blackburn or some team that's fighting relegation in Spain or England or even Italy perhaps.

I know people have tried to go the same path as Sir Alex or Mourinho, and they've had to apply for certain jobs so that's why I think it's possible. I've been offered jobs from At. Madrid and a few national teams, but nothing of interest.

Thanks for any help.

if you've been offered the likes of At.Madrid then you could get lucky with an "interesting" job, although i'd consider Atletico to be in that category. Just have to bide your time and wait for a job you fancy to come up, then get lucky again to be hired ahead of other applicants

I was playing a save with Celtic, into my 5 season and i got a little bored with the league and 8 games before the end i noticed the Juve job was available, they were sitting in 10th and their team needed rebuilt so i took it! Managed to win the league the next season and am currently on top in Dec the next season. Now i have just noticed that Hull City are sitting in League 2!! I am contemplating giving up my Juve side which will win the Champs league in a few years i think to rebuild Hull and take them to the EPL again!

An interesting job to you is different to me and everyone else that plays football manager. It may be different jobs that attract you that i wouldnt enjoy and vice versa. But just go with what you think would be a challenge. Maybe look at a team thats just been relegated and needs promoted before you can try survive the top tier? Gives you a season to put your mark on the team.

How do I do that?

Go to the league table of the league you want a job in then right click on team names around the bottom of the league. If the managers job is insecure there will be a declare interest in the job option. Alteratively you could look in the job centre screen for positions that are currently available.

Archived