Transfer scenarios unlockable

Inspired by another post, I thought I'd start this new thread to run past some ideas for a new 'lockable'.

Based on real life transfer situations, various scenarios would activate within the game depending on your status and progress as manager. You could unlock these scenarios, if for example, you managed to sell over £100M worth of talent.

First scenario:

An unknown agent approaches you with 'an offer of a lifetime'. He has two Argentinian players who are world class and would like to launch their careers in your league. Both players are worth 20million each but you can have them for £?M (all of your transfer budget or a lot cheaper than what they seem to be worth). If agreed, the players are transferred to your club. Whether they turn out to be a success remains to be seen!

Second scenario:

You have transformed a struggling side into champions league qualifiers. On the last day of the transfer window, you receive an email from your chairman saying that he has the chance to sign a world class midfielder for 7-8M. Do you want the deal to go ahead. You then discover your club has signed Van der Vaart, Wesley Sneijder or Emmanuel Eboue :D :D

Third scenario:

A well known striker playing for a top four club is unahppy with the lack of games and is feeling unloved (Tevez, Adebayor) and wants to leave the club. They intend to run down their contract to either force a move on the cheap or leave on a free. The player's agent contacts you saying that said player would be interesting in joining your club and that only a small offer would be enough to secure the deal.

Forth scenario

As manager of a struggling club, an unknonw agent approaches you with 'an offer of a lifetime'. He has a promising defender/midfielder/attacker who wants to make a name for himself in your league. He comes from an obscure footballing country (think Thailand, Saudi Arabia or Scotland :D ) and would be a guaranteed hit for your team.

What do people reckon? Does anyone else have a good transfer scenario suggestion? What do the guys at SI think?

1: Sounds like a decent idea, but maybe have a variety of nationalities rather than just Argentina?

2: I like this one, although the weighting of the players needs addressing! Sneijder is Inter's best player IMO and would never be sold for 7-8mil. Van der Vaart is a strong asset at Spurs, and although he went there for 7mil, he wouldn't be sold on for that price so soon. And Eboue is useless... :p The way you worded this made it sound like you don't know who you've signed until after the transfer's confirmed? Sounds a bit unrealistic

3: Again, while it's a nice idea, I think it's sacrificing realism a bit.

4: No different to number 1?

Also, what would you have to do to "unlock" these?

1: Sounds like a decent idea, but maybe have a variety of nationalities rather than just Argentina?

2: I like this one, although the weighting of the players needs addressing! Sneijder is Inter's best player IMO and would never be sold for 7-8mil. Van der Vaart is a strong asset at Spurs, and although he went there for 7mil, he wouldn't be sold on for that price so soon. And Eboue is useless... :p The way you worded this made it sound like you don't know who you've signed until after the transfer's confirmed? Sounds a bit unrealistic

3: Again, while it's a nice idea, I think it's sacrificing realism a bit.

4: No different to number 1?

Also, what would you have to do to "unlock" these?

1. Absolutely agree. The country Argentina was just used as an example and to help people relate to the real life Tevez/Mascherano transfer.

2. Again agree. You would either know who you were buying which would make it realistic and so you would be more likely to snap a world class player for 7-8M - Or you wouldn't know who you were getting which meant you might get an Eboue! I appreciate that is somewhat unrealistic and might put people off. However, thought I'd throw it out there - see what folks thought. Sneijder maybe wasn't a good example but you get the gist.

3. Disagree. Plenty of players have thrown a strop at not gettng enough games and have therefore wanted to leave the club. Agents sound out potential clubs for their players. I think this is the most realistic one!

4. The difference here is that you're in charge of a struggling club and so the chances of a word class player coming to your team are very unlikely. This one enables a regen, who has plenty of potential, to join a lower ranked club which would be more realistic.

My initial idea to unlock these would be to sell 100M worth of talent but I thought of that without giving it much thought.

Anyone remember when some agent went to (think it was) Shef Wed and said "I have the cousin of Taribo West" they signed him, he played 5-10 mins before being subbed off and kicked out lol

I remember Graham Souness at Southampton was approached by an agent offering the services of Ali Dia, the supposed cousin of George Weah. He came on for Matt Le Tissier on 32 mins and was later substitued himself early on in the second half.

I remember Graham Souness at Southampton was approached by an agent offering the services of Ali Dia, the supposed cousin of George Weah. He came on for Matt Le Tissier on 32 mins and was later substitued himself early on in the second half.

That was it, got Weah and West mixed up

Archived