Any tips on how to lure players to lesser reputation teams?

I'm in my 4th season with Roma in the Serie A in Italy. We have a continental reputation and are about to reach the Champions League final for the first time since I started the save. I've been able to sign players like Abou Diaby, Michael Carrick, and Steven Fletcher without much fuss. But there are still a lot of players who won't even talk to me.

I have one guy in particular (Ally Sissokho) who I've gotten "unsettled" through talking to the media about him. He's responded by saying he'd consider a move to Roma "if a serious offer was made". I've gotten Lyon to accept an offer for him but when I try to negotiate a contract his agent says he's not even willing to talk to me. And I can't even get that far with bigger names like Gareth Bale.

Anyone have any tips on how to lure top talent to teams with "lesser" reputations?

Its just a case of raising your reputation through being competitive in Europe & also winning the league Im afraid. Being strong financially will help as well. The bigger name players you have as well increases reputation, and also you own reputation will help the club.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured but thought some folks could make some suggestions. I won the Serie A title last year and have a shot at it again this year. I've also won the Italian Cup once. I think the finances may be my biggest hurdle as my board seems a bit tight with the purse strings.

If the board arent willing to pay high wages that will be a stumbling block, especially for the players who want £80k+ or whatever. Try asking for a wage increase.

I hate this, Im QPR in my 4th season and even though i finished 2nd (Prem) last season, Aaron Ramsey wont even listen to my offer, He has been sat in the Arsenal reserves and had ONE start in four years. He would easily start every game for me.

On a previous save i really wanted this youngster from Porto ( i was Real SC a lower league team that worked his way up), i've set a reminder of praising him every month for about two years and couldn't sign him, eventually my reputation got to the point where i could poach any youngster from the top portuguese clubs but by then it was too late since he was "ruined" by poor tutoring from the AI.

Archived