Do you think a series ( Call of Duty, FIFA and of course my PSPs purpose in life FM ) being annualized is a good thing ?

Has this issue ever been raised at SI or by Sega ?.

I personally think its not good in general but now the PSP is getting on a bit and the system is nearing its limits so there cant be any great progression like from FM10 to FM11 its compounded hard. I'm sure some of you can compare this to other platforms and contrast you noobs.

I think it would be MUCH better having a release every two years and updates for transfer activity. I would be willing to pay a grease the wheel fee for this personally. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about buying FM12 if its just as similar to FM11 as FM11 was to FM10. I'm actually in the FM12 not purchase category at this moment. * Sad Face *.

Soooooooooooooooo. The silver lining. I saw a post by a dude called Miles on another forum ( Euro - somethink ) who is part of the SI team or so he said and he mentioned a demo for the PC version. Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie. Please.

Do you think a series ( Call of Duty, FIFA and of course my PSPs purpose in life FM ) being annualized is a good thing ?

COD is totally different but for any game that is based on real life which is ever changing such as football then a game every year is needed as people want new transfers.

Has this issue ever been raised at SI or by Sega ?.

I am sure it has but they have decided to do it yearly.

I personally think its not good in general but now the PSP is getting on a bit and the system is nearing its limits so there cant be any great progression like from FM10 to FM11 its compounded hard. I'm sure some of you can compare this to other platforms and contrast you noobs.

FMH2011 has actually advanced a lot from 2010 without a major feature but small ones and cutting loading times down. It is perhaps one of the best in the series because of this. Also was the last part needed?

I think it would be MUCH better having a release every two years and updates for transfer activity. I would be willing to pay a grease the wheel fee for this personally. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about buying FM12 if its just as similar to FM11 as FM11 was to FM10. I'm actually in the FM12 not purchase category at this moment. * Sad Face *.

That is your choice, if you don't mind old transfers don't but people like to be up to date and have bug fixes etc...

Soooooooooooooooo. The silver lining. I saw a post by a dude called Miles on another forum ( Euro - somethink ) who is part of the SI team or so he said and he mentioned a demo for the PC version. Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie. Please.

The person is Miles Jacobson, SI's studio director. The site would be EuroGamer. FM (PC demos) - http://www.footballmanager.com/demo

• SI Staff

With any sports title its important to roll out a yearly update imho because a large proportion of people who play the games want to do so with the latest real-world situation, whether thats updated data, league structures or whatever.

This (combined with the fact that personally I'm in that group myself ;) ) is why SI do yearly updates to our titles.

It might interest us to know what while we release yearly update we DO actually structure some development items behind the scenes to overlap the course of several years - its just not visible to users. So for example on the PC game the '3d' match engine didn't just spring into being over the course of a single years development, it was something which was undertaken for a much longer period behind the scenes, initially as 'R&D' (to see if it was feasible) and then to take the time to refine and implement it properly.

This is done for several reasons - (1) it allows us to quietly investigate if something is feasible without disappointing people because its been mentioned, (2) it allows us to take the time required to do a feature 'properly' without trying to crap them into a limited development schedule which might be available for one product.

(on FMH/FMHi this sort of thing does happen, but to a slightly lesser degree because of the difference in man-power between the handheld and PC/Mac teams)

With any sports title its important to roll out a yearly update imho

- I couldn't disagree with this statement more. I understand a large portion of people want to play with the latest real world stats and stuff ( this includes me ) but a new full price game isn't the best way of achieving that for consumers. I talk only about the PSP version of course because FM11 and FM10 on that platform are pretty much identical. I'm guessing unless the PSP pulls new power out of its anus FM11 and FM12 will be the same as FM10 and FM11. That would mean three games of FM on a platform being different only by the update of real world stats. That is not good.

- I couldn't disagree with this statement more. I understand a large portion of people want to play with the latest real world stats and stuff ( this includes me ) but a new full price game isn't the best way of achieving that for consumers. I talk only about the PSP version of course because FM11 and FM10 on that platform are pretty much identical. I'm guessing unless the PSP pulls new power out of its anus FM11 and FM12 will be the same as FM10 and FM11. That would mean three games of FM on a platform being different only by the update of real world stats. That is not good.

So for example, you would rather a sports game like Fifa were released every year? I wouldn't. Games are ever evolving and a yearly release will only provide customers with more entertainment with updates and new features. I wouldn't be wanting to play Fifa next year with this years kits and teams. TBH I think you have a point about FMH (psp). But it has had a few new features added though.

So for example, you would rather a sports game like Fifa were released every year? I wouldn't. Games are ever evolving and a yearly release will only provide customers with more entertainment with updates and new features. I wouldn't be wanting to play Fifa next year with this years kits and teams. TBH I think you have a point about FMH (psp). But it has had a few new features added though.

- No. I think a series being annualised is always bad. That is correct games are evolving, getting worse and having yearly iterations is a big reason for it. I happen to really like Fifa10 got it on both consoles and Fifa11 is garbage. I would really like to use this but its a bad example from what I know Fifa11 brought new stuff to the table. If you disagree and know more than me on this specific game .... good tell me to count it. I just didn't like them. The Madden, Wrestling, Baseball, Music franchises just update stats, players, music whatever it is and ship it out at full price. I see this happening with FM on the PSP. I dont want to play a game with last years stats either but you dont need a full price new retail game to update those things and thats what is happening. What are the few new features ?. I just have a crushing sense of similarity on each version in recent years. It would be best for the updates to be in the form of DLC for a cost of course but they wont do that when they can charge for a full price game.

Have you played FMH2009? If you look at that even though no big features have been announced there is still a big game between 2011 and itself. I believe that the game uses RAD and every year is improving which not making it annually then it will ruin this therefore the game will not improve as you say it would.

Archived