weird request - widescreen->small screen

hi all,

one of my first few posts so sorry if this has been answered before but i've checked through all previous posts and i can't find the answer!

I have a new compaq laptop that has a widescreen and whenver i run footy manager it of course runs it on the whole screen!

I have never had a widescreen monitor before so for me to see footy manager in this size is completely weird!!! Is there any way i can "shrink" the game down so that it doesn't appear widescreen?

I've gone to preferences on fm->preferences->display and then whenever i click off 'full screen' i get a message saying that this is not supported.

I've also gone to my laptop settings and tried to go down to 1024*768 and that doesnt stop it either!

Am i just being fussy or is there a way i can play the game with there being 2 big black lines (space effectively) whilst the game is being played?

Many thanks,

Nick

right clicked on shortcut and went into properties:

it says target type: Football Manager 2008

Target location: games

Target: Football Manager 2008

the only thing is that the part after where it says target: Football Manager 2008 (in bold by me) i cannot go over it - the text is very faint and it cannot be edited!

Archived