language barriers

Why?

First language needs to actually have an effect on the game for this to matter. There are various comments about a language barrier but it doesn't really have any effect. After all, players that don't speak the same language can still tutor/learn with each other nor does it hurt performances.

Why?

First language needs to actually have an effect on the game for this to matter. There are various comments about a language barrier but it doesn't really have any effect. After all, players that don't speak the same language can still tutor/learn with each other nor does it hurt performances.

Players often become homesick if nobody speaks their language and they cannot learn a new one. Performances certainly suffer then.

Players often become homesick if nobody speaks their language and they cannot learn a new one. Performances certainly suffer then.

That's not just language though, that's their adaptability stat. If it's low enough they get homesick anyway. Also it's my understanding it's more related to where a player is from then language, ie culture not simply language. Most recent being I brought in 3 Russian speaking players on my team at the start of the current season, 2 Belarusians and 1 Ukrainian. The Ukrainian got homesick, Belarusians didn't. Also seen Colombians and other Spanish speaking players get homesick when half my team speaks Spanish as a second language.

Archived