Does anyone else...

Get a weird sense of morbid satisfaction when one of their star players who gets poached goes on and does awful for his new club?

I have a player called Joshua King who had been doing fantastically for me at Truro in the EPL, his first season I thought was good at 17 goals in 40 games, I thought it wasnt bad for a team that's bottom half of the table, but second season in the Prem he found himself on fire, with 18 goals in 22 games and fantastic ratings, he suddenly scored for fun some games and I was considering just nicknaming him "The King" for his supreme works.

Then to my horror, Sunderland swoop in and offer the minimum release fee clause value, I had to have it in the contract - it was the only way he'd sign for me originally, so I frantically rush and try to up my wage budget as much as possible by cutting into the transfer kitty, I manage to table a 44,000 per week offer (his agent asked for 72k originally) which gets accepted, but he instead decides to join sunderland for 35k per week. I'm gutted, truly gutted. Yet, so far, I get a lovely sense of glee seeing him on 6.6 average rating, and 0 goals in six games. I'm sure eventually he'll settle and finds his form, but for now, I'm thinking "serves you right, you unfaithful bastard".

I love it when things like this happen. I had a regen striker who had good stats and played well for me, but we incredibly unprofessional, asking for a new contract every two minutes and getting unhappy if I dropped in for one game. I sold him in the end as I just couldn't be bothered putting up with him, he went on to Roma where he was abysmal, 5 goals in 34 games in his first season, and he never broke then 10 goal barrier for the few seasons I bothered checking up on him. Made me very happy :)

• 2 weeks later...

This topic didn't get much light of day!. Anyway, my tale with Joshua King has turned into a happy one, his form has been fairly poor, his best being 10 goals in 30 games, and they retrained him to AMR which is where they usually play him, despite his awful crossing. I'm glad he "failed". I also spent the money I got from him on a brazillian youngster, who has been in emphatic form in general, scoring a lot of goals, better than King was even for us.

I'm happy.

Archived