Australian A-League

Does anyone know if the A-league has the salary cap and the 1 marquee player rule like in real life?

I havent been able to play the game yet as it is coming out in Aus on the 7th.

Does anyone know if the A-league has the salary cap and the 1 marquee player rule like in real life?

I havent been able to play the game yet as it is coming out in Aus on the 7th.

Every player in the squad is included in the salary cap, but you may have 1 marquee player who is not included in the salary cap, so the club can give him as much money as they want to bring him to the club.

Dwight Yorke is an example of a marquee player. All the other players in the squad were getting regular wages so the club was under the salary cap, but Yorke could be paid however much he wanted.

yeah, as much as i love this cos i can bring whoever i want to my beloved melb victory it is absolutely ridiculous...maybe its just a club reputation error, but in first couple of seasons i got heaps of top european players for FREE. wage total Au$700,000, winning comps too easy, aleague by 20ish points, goal diff +36.

Free players: ivan helguera, zenden, christian vieri, simone perrotta, hasan salihamidzic, giovanni van bronckhorst, valeri bojinov, freddy kanoute, guti, massimo ambrosini, brad jones, salvatore palumbo (gk, average gk stats=16 icon_biggrin.gif ). Also freakishly good regen from inter and a few u18 brazilian guns

note: fred still in first team tho icon14.gif

add carlos tevez to that list as of 1min ago icon_cool.gif

like i said, absolute rubbish. Maybe one or two of these players would have agreed to join (vieri-older aussie wanting to finish career here; brad jones-young aussie keeper not progressing well in europe). the rest would have told me to stick it right up my elton's delight

I've got FMH 07 yesterday and I'm already in 2nd season of the A-league. I must say the A-league feels totally tacked on. No salary cap, no player limit, no marquee player, no pre-season comp...

I got into the Asian Champions League and that was just frustrating. Because it was the off season, by game 3 and 4 my entire team was down to below 40% fitness. In one game I had 5 players off injured after 6 minutes!

I'm pretty disappointed as I mostly bought FHM 07 for the A-league. I'm now coach of Australia so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Archived