Favoured... (need advice!)

Alright, I have a hatful of questions for the people of the forum!

1) What causes a player to list your club as a favoured club? Is there anything you can do to influence it? If a player hasn't listed your club as favoured by the end of the second season, will he ever do so?

2) What causes an agent to dislike you? When they do, what can you do to change their opinion of you?

3) If one of your own players really dislikes you, is it possible to win him back round?

4) Does a commercial link feeder club help your youth recruitment network?

5) What reasons would a player sack his agent for? Would a total breakdown in relationship between you and the agent provoke him into sacking his agent?

1) What causes a player to list your club as a favoured club? Is there anything you can do to influence it? If a player hasn't listed your club as favoured by the end of the second season, will he ever do so?

2) What causes an agent to dislike you? When they do, what can you do to change their opinion of you?

3) If one of your own players really dislikes you, is it possible to win him back round?

5) What reasons would a player sack his agent for? Would a total breakdown in relationship between you and the agent provoke him into sacking his agent?

1) not sure, but I don't think they're limited to the first two years...

2) no idea, I suck up to agents...

3) yes - I've turned a player from "wants to leave the club immediately" to "enjoying playing for the club" and adding me to his favoured personnel

4) I'd say yes, but only in scouting knowledge, others may have different ideas..

5) probably because they aren't getting the contract/move they expected their agent to get them...

1 - player of the year usually gets favoured personel, players that win awards whilst at the club too. not limited to first 2 years.

2 - Agent dislikes you if negotiations do not work out. Think they come around after time.

3 - yes, speak to him, offer him a contract, generally be nice

4 - no. will improve scouting knowledge but this IS NOT linked to recruitment network

5 - heard it can happen, but never seen it myself. players only sack agents when they become player/coaches.

Also, something else I may need advising on...

I've found a pretty talented 22 year old Frenchman who is on reasonable wages. His value is £6.5m. Unfortunately, his club (it's a big French team, but I can't remember who right now) won't budge for anything less than £80m, which is about £50m more than I can afford.

He has two years to run on his deal, if I keep declaring interest in him, will that make his club more likely to offer him a contract that would price me out of a move?

Also, something else I may need advising on...

I've found a pretty talented 22 year old Frenchman who is on reasonable wages. His value is £6.5m. Unfortunately, his club (it's a big French team, but I can't remember who right now) won't budge for anything less than £80m, which is about £50m more than I can afford.

He has two years to run on his deal, if I keep declaring interest in him, will that make his club more likely to offer him a contract that would price me out of a move?

admiring a player will get him to like you, constantly declaring interest will likely upset the players in your team that play in his position... fine-line but admiration over interest is probably the way to go. I doubt that the french team are likely to be letting their young superstar leave cheap, but if you can unsettle him enough to stop him signing a new deal they may offer him to you when he is in his final year.

btw, players sack agents all the time, not only when they become player/coaches

Archived