Work Permits

I tried to sign Ethan Gage on loan from reading (Canadian with youth caps, he is the U21captain) and I couldn't get a work permit. Surely that's a flaw in the game as he got a work permit (IRL) to sign for Reading in the first place??

I've got the same with Gale Agbossamonde. I signed him for Middlesbrough and he was initially refused a WP but it got accepted when I appealed. Now two years later I want to renew his contract but I can't because he can't get a new WP.

He is a hot prospect and since I have a very good defence he has struggled to get games, but he has played 15-20 games a season and he even has a few caps now but I still can't get a WP :( And no one wants to buy him when I offer him to clubs so I guess I have to accept that I will loose him for free when his contract expires :(

They use the special talent rule, and we can do that in the game to. Thats how I got Agbossamonde in the first place. I think the appeal function means that we will argue that the player is a special talent and he should get a WP because of that. Same as in real life it dosen't always work.

Take Man Utd for instance. I know at least two cases where they argued that the player was a special talent. The first time one succeeded (Anderson) and the other one failed. (Adem Ljajic)

The "special talent" rule is inconsistent IRL to say the least too. Around the time Tim Howard was approved for it at Man Utd, Bobby Convey was turned down for a transfer to Spurs, even though Convey had played more games for the USA recently. Convey then went on to sign for Reading after his application was approved there.

Jason Scotland's a more obvious one too. He was denied a renewel of his work permit for Dundee United and had to leave the club because of it. 3 weeks later, he had a work permit application approved at St Johnstone, using the exact same information.

Archived