greyed out board requests

Managing Corinthians and just starting my first full season with them after taking over half way through the last season and winning the leauge. Finished the season in debt and board gave me 525k to spend this season on transfers and a wage bill of 33 million. My wage bill currently stands at 40 milion so will need to sell some players to reduce it. However on the same day my transfer budget got announce the chairman pumped in 30mill cash injection to cover the debt incurred. This along with new sponsership of 29mill has left me with 60mill in the bank.

I keep going to ask the board to increase transfer funds and wages but it is constantly greyed out. Is it because the cash injection is to cover the debt and not help with running costs. On previous FMs the chariman has gave a cash injection for running costs. Just wondered why it was greyed out so I cannot even ask for them to say yes or no.

This is annoying I have not asked the board yet for any money I have reduced the wage bill fetching in 18 million pounds in the process. The board have pumped 30mill to clear the debts of the previous season and I have got 30 mill in sponsors. Total in the bank at the moment is 65 million pounds and they are only giving me 525k to spend. Im now a month and a half into the season with no option to speak to the board to ask for more money as the diaglogue is still greyed out. Is the chairman been a complete idiot. I need to strengthen the team to play in the Copa Libertordores or we wont have a chance. Ive been there 7 months got my starting line up sorted and rid of the players I dont need. I wanted to fetch in better players to give my starting 11 competition but I cant.

The greyed out area fro transfer budgets has just been activated so I can now speak to my board. It litterally came up after I sent this post.

However, I asked the board to increase the budget as dont have enough funds to strengthen all areas of the team required and they have refused. They think 525k + the extra 2.1million is enough to stengthen all the areas of the team and make us into a force fo rthe Copa Libertordes. I just brought in 18million through players sales. The increase percentage talk is still greyed out as I used it LAST SEASON not this one once I had given the board money. I think this chairmans personality is a skin flint and he has flies when he opens his wallet lol...

Anyone else experiecnes tight fisted chairmen?

i sometimes get requests rejected at first but when they say no, after that a list of responses comes up and i usually pick' i dont think you understand how important i believe this to be', that usually does the trick, has worked everytime so far for me! :-)

When I got the 'no' with Corinthains I was that disgusted at them having the 65mill in the bank I told them that they did not share the same ambition for the club as I did. They still said 'no'. However I previously managed Ajax for 4 seasons and occasionally I used your 'askiing how important I belive it to be', occasionally they changed there mind but not all of the time. Maybe it depends upon the hidden stats and personality of the chairman in question.

I may ask again later in the season, but if I have no luck I will resign and take a premiership club over.

If you have tool tips turned on....if you hover your mouse over the greyed requests, it displays a tool tip that tells you the reason the area is greyed out. I found this out by accident, but it does stop me getting annoyed at my boards lack of willingness to improve my youth facilities.

If you have tool tips turned on....if you hover your mouse over the greyed requests, it displays a tool tip that tells you the reason the area is greyed out. I found this out by accident, but it does stop me getting annoyed at my boards lack of willingness to improve my youth facilities.

Thanks for that, just put the tooltip over it and it said 'Im a tightfisted git' lol.

Archived