Home Grown Status

Hy guys, I have a question for you. Let's imagine a scenario. I'm managing Olympique Marseilles and I loan Federico Macheda who is 18 years old. If I loan him for 3 consecutive years, this would mean that he will have 21 years after this loan. Will he be a home grown of Olympique Marseilles ? It says that the player must play for this club for 3 years betwen the age of 15-21. Can you please make some light in my head ? I play FM for 2 years, but this is one thing I never figured it out. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section.

I can't answer your question but since this is the only 'homegrown' thread on first page I'd like to add this..

Àlvaro Arbeloa doesn't have a 'HG' (Homegrown) status on his name at Real Madrid in the game, how come? He joined Real Madrid's academy at the age of 16 and played there until he was 21/22. Did FM delete that in the editor?

At a guess i'd say no, he'd be home-grown in England (if he's still with Manchester United).

He'd definitely be home-grown in England and at Manchester United so i assume this would prevent him from being home-grown in France and at Olympique Marseille. Unless he can be both?

Archived