Cup games on a Sunday

Hi all. Quick question regarding cup games being played on a Sunday rather than a Saturday. I'm manager of Havant & Waterlooville, I started off as unemployed and got the job in January of the first season. Curretly in the second season and have noticed that a large majority of my cup games are being played on Sunday.

I've had five games in the FA Cup (got to the second round), three at home and two away. All three home games have been played on the Sunday but the away ones were played on the Saturday. Every other tie was played on the Saturday.

I've also currently played five games in the FA Trophy and three of them were away (played on Saturdays) and the two at home were again on a Sunday.

I thought Havant might be groundsharing but I've had a look and nothing. Is this a common issue or just a weird one off glitch? It's a bit annoying as it gives me one day less rest as I normally play in the league on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for any help!

There might be another club in their close vicinity that are playing at home on the Saturday and therefore Havant end up playing on Sunday.

If it's a bigger club who have a league match, that would explain your home cup games being played so often on Sundays.

Just checked my game and the current season. They have played three home cup matches on the weekend (plus a midweek replay). Two of those were played on a Sunday, while the other was an FA Cup First Round match versus Portsmouth, a town which is nearby. There might be your answer.

Archived