Too many strikers

Do you ever find you can have too many strikers it unbalances your team?

I have just started a new game as Liverpool and I bought Pandev and sold Voronin. I went throught to Xmas and then Barca were biddin for Aguero so I jumped in and bought him as he was excellent on my old game. Problem is I have Pandev(out for 4 months though), Torres, Kuyt and Crouch. I need Crouch as he is vital to 2 of my tactics, and I need Torres for his sheer brilliance. I don't want to get rid of Kuyt as he is the most in form striker (16 goals in 18 apps) and Pandev was only brought in in the summer.

I feel 5 strikers unbalances the team as I find myself chopping and changing to give equal time. Also I like to try and bring a few youngsters through.

Any opinions, was Aguero a bad purschase? Who should go?

I have just started a new game as Liverpool and I bought Pandev and sold Voronin. I went throught to Xmas and then Barca were biddin for Aguero so I jumped in and bought him as he was excellent on my old game. Problem is I have Pandev(out for 4 months though), Torres, Kuyt and Crouch. I need Crouch as he is vital to 2 of my tactics, and I need Torres for his sheer brilliance. I don't want to get rid of Kuyt as he is the most in form striker (16 goals in 18 apps) and Pandev was only brought in in the summer.

I have this same issue, i have four first team strikers who are all around 22, and now i have another two about ready to start breaking into the team, it beggars belief.

In regards to your situation i would look at each of the players as an investment. Who is the oldest? Who is likely to get the fewest games? Who is going to bring in the most money while having the least effect on your team. I don't know much about your side but i would be tempted to give Kuyt the boot.

If you feel that you have too many players for the same position then you should start thinking of selling some.

I had that problem before when my team had Henry, Eto, Bojan, Aguero, Torres , van Persie and Vela at one point.

I decided to sell Vela for 42M as there were many teams wanted to buy him. I also offloaded Eto and sent out Bojan on loan to Juventus where he overthrown Trezeguer to become the lone striker there.

The next season, I just dropped Henry to play in the B team as he was getting old. Now having 5 strikers which is manageable due to my heavy squad rotation system.

For your case, I'd even suggest to sell Crouch and Kuyt. There are better replacement as those two won't be consistent for long. Aguero is usually great and he will definitely have higher CA/PA than Crouch/Kuyt. Let Crouch and Kuyt go and get a new target man would be my suggestion.

Originally posted by Ryknow:

woah

Maybe you should loan some out dwood...what is your wage bill?

I will check how many I have tonight but Im sure it wouldnt be over 60

im only barnet as well on fm 2006, my wage bill is about £50k about 15k over budget. im doing well though i have played 2 full seasons and just started my third and i have been promoted to league 1 and despite being top of the league with 8 wins out of 8 my coaches say im going to get relegated. this is the first ever time i played fm as well. i have about 15 players loaned out.

dozens of friendly games to keep all my other players as fit as possible, i love scouting the cheap players that are available i got about 10 from serie b. i also like checking every player in the teams i play against and i end up getting half of them as well.

Archived