4-2-4 Tactic FM11 patch 11.2.1 (WIP - Help Appreciated)

Hi All,

This is the 1st time ever i have uploaded any tactics on any version of FM. Ill be honest i never really have the time to do so and have been guilty of using other peoples tactics such as Mr Hough, Knap etc.

I decided to try and have a go myself and believe i have a good base for a tactic and am after any help i can get from anybody that is more tactically aware on FM than myself. The tactic was created using Man Utd (im currently in season 2014/2015) as they are the team i support. It has not been tested with anyone else although i have today sent it to a friend who is playing as newcastle.

The tactic itself is a 4-2-4 tactic or variant of as the tactic uses 1 DM, 1CM, AMR & AML.

To start with i created the tactic using the tactics creator and then converted it into classic mode so that i could tweak the individual player settings. The players using the creator were assigned the following roles:

GK - Defend

DR & DL - Full Back, Automatic

DC - Central Defender, Defend

DMC - Defensive Midfielder, Defend

MC - Advanced Playmaker, Attack

AMR & AML - Inside Forward, Attack

STR -Advanced Forward, Attack

STL - Poacher, Attack

Team Strategy - Fluid, Control

Closing Down - Own Half

Marking -Zonal

Passing - Default

Creative Freedom - More Expressive

Tackling - Default

Roaming - Stick to Position

Crossing - Drill Crosses

Defensive Line - Normal

Focus Passing - Down Both Flanks

Tight Marking is ticked

Use Playmaker is ticked - This should be your MC and he should be dropped into the playmakers list on the tactics screen.

I have since tweaked quite a lot of individual settings. From memory i reduced the mentality of all of the back 4, my DM and my AMR & AML by one or 2 notches. I have also changed the marking on my full backs, DM, MC & Strikers to man marking. Apologies i cant give more info than that but i have tweaked the tactic quite a lot to get it to where it is now.

I started creating this tactic at the start of my current season and have apllied some of the tweaks mentioned over this time. My results so far are shown below:

Screenshot2011-02-21at185824.png

The current tactic has been used as it is now since the league cup game against Stoke (5-0). The results against Arsenal & Roma have been particularly pleasing due to the lack of chances the opposition have been getting. Screenshots of a few results below:

Screenshot2011-02-21at190058.png

Screenshot2011-02-21at190148.png

As you can see from these results and the match stats i think i have a good base tactic defensively and am after help or testing from anyone that is happy to try it and maybe help improve the tactic. In almost all of the games i am restricting clubs to mainly shots from distance and very limited clear cut chances. In all of the games played i have been regularly checking the assistant feedback and my assistant (mike phelan) has always said we are controlling games, passes are connecting well and he only ever suggests closing down or tight marking on opponents which i have not done. I have also only conceded 4 goals in the 15 games since the Stoke game.

The main problem i have is getting my stirkers to perform consistently and playing well together. Hernandez seems to do ok in the poachers role but the advanced forward is hit and miss ( i have used rooney, babacar and macheda in this role so far).

I would be very appreciative of anyone that tests this tactic and has suggestions on how to improve it. I would also like to stress again that i have only tested this tactic with Man Utd and if anyone does try it with lower leagues or lesser clubs and it does not work then apologies in advance and thanks for trying anyway.

Download Link: http://hotfile.com/dl/106560261/6fc3d86/Man_U_4-2-4_(Man_Utd_Sep_2014).tac.html

Thanks Gareth

Update: I have now completed around 40 games with this tactic in all competitions and am still very good defensively. I have only conceded 15 goals in these games. My right striker is scoring on average a goal a game which im happy with but the right striker is still a bit hit and miss.

Other Teams: I currently have 3 mates testing this tactic for me. These are being tested with Liverpool, Newcastle and Barcelona. I am also just about to set up a test game with sunderland to see how the tactic gets on with a medium reputation premier league club.

Ill post some more feedback from the tests with the other clubs as quick as possible and hopefully it will drum up some more interest in the tactic.

I notice the thread has had a few views and would be pleased if one or 2 could test the tactic and post their results or ideas to improve this. I appreciate people will not be overly keen as its only really been tested with man utd but hopefully some can spare the time to try with lower league and lesser clubs to see if it is decent or not.

Archived