Form of players solved?

Just thought I would throw this idea out there, what do you think?

As we all know the form of players in the real word can conflict with how good or poor a player is within the game.

The example of this is as discussed players like Rooney and Torres. They are both clearly top top players, however, for one reason or another have not reached the heights as of a season or two ago. I dont think you can lower their attributes as they are accomplished players not youngsters whose ability can fluctuate. But if they are playing poorly and in Torres' case this has been for ages, it is very annoying when playing the game if he bangs in 4 goals against you - not realistic.

I think the stats should remain when patches are released unless downgraded with age but there should be TWO NEW ATTRIBUTES:

1. A form attribute which does not need to be shown on the stat screen of poor/average/on fire, and depending on the players form in real life this can be changed within the patches etc, and depending on this form will depend on what the player is capable of in relation to his stats.

2. The second new attribute (would obviously need to be included with the new game) - capable of magic rating, because even if Torres is not on form etc he is still and has shown that every now and then he can produce a bit of magic and get a goal.

e.g Torres: form poor, magic rating 18

Rooney: form average, magic rating 20 (as shown with the overhead wonder goal)

Martin Kelly (albeit stats should improve in patch) form on fire, magic rating 6

This way at the change of each patch the players form can be changed without a problem to hopefully improve the realism.

What do you think? Bit radical but may work?

definately not im afraid, form would then be fixed within the game, which would be very very unrealistic, even if it was updated every 6 months it would never work.

I understand what you mean.

But could there be a way in which this can change in the game so that a players form could improve over time? ie sometimes players need new challenges, played in favoured position etc.

I just meant that whenever you start a new game it would be good if the latest patch could cover the current form of players at that time.

As a side issue do you think that with the Jan window patch, whatever team you start with in a new game, the current team postion and points total should apply. Seems unrealistic to have for example Andy Carroll and Suarez from the beginning of the season when clearly Liverpool did not have them then. Or at least the choice?

I understand what you mean.

But could there be a way in which this can change in the game so that a players form could improve over time? ie sometimes players need new challenges, played in favoured position etc.

I just meant that whenever you start a new game it would be good if the latest patch could cover the current form of players at that time.

As a side issue do you think that with the Jan window patch, whatever team you start with in a new game, the current team postion and points total should apply. Seems unrealistic to have for example Andy Carroll and Suarez from the beginning of the season when clearly Liverpool did not have them then. Or at least the choice?

They already have form implemented into the game, it plays a very big part on how the attributes work within the ME. Form changes from week to week so it would impossible to keep something like that upto date.

There are various reasons why they do it like they do, finances play a big part of that, also realism, are you likely to play torres for example if you know he is giong to leave in january? Chances are no why waste your time, some people would even go as far as to not allow him to train, therefor come january chelsea would pay £50m for a player who has not even trained for 6 months. Thats just one example of why they do it they way they do.

Archived