(PSP FMH) Buying policy(and a question for Marc)

I'm managing Forest Green at the moment with all unlockables enabled(used sugar daddy once).

I decided that I would go with the cheapest and youngest players in the game, therefore my market search filters areas follows:

Age 0-21, Based Abroad, and that's all.

Spent 1.8 million the 1st year, 3.5m the second and 1.3m the 3rd(current)

Players sold:14 for 5.75m, Players bought:37 for 7m

Formation played 4-3-3 unedited

With this Forest Green has went up to League one with 2 consecutive league titles and an FA Trophy, lost in the Semis to eventual winners Charlton got to the FA Cup 5th round(beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-3 after trailing 3-1 with 7 minutes to go!), got beaten by Sunderland 3-2, knocked out of the League Cup 1st round twice(2012 and current season)

Who knew that money didnt mean everything in success? considering i had tried doing a Super Team spamming SD and getting the likes of Rooney,Pato and Ozil amongst others yet i felt i wasnt playing the games the right way.

BTW, I have a question about transferring funds, seems like after the first day, i cant seem to transfer funds(and in all the money can go from the transfer budget to the salaries but not the other way around, i used to be able to do it before.

Would like views on this.

Regards

Ivan in Singapore

• SI Staff
BTW, I have a question about transferring funds, seems like after the first day, i cant seem to transfer funds(and in all the money can go from the transfer budget to the salaries but not the other way around, i used to be able to do it before.

Are you over wage budget? - if so then understandably the board won't let you dig the club into an even bigger hole ...

• SI Staff
If I have transfer budget left after January, will I lose it when next season starts or it will be added to what I would take normally?

You won't lose a transfer budget unless your club is in a declining financial state (normally caused by being over wage budget or heavy transfer spending) ... generally speaking it'll be either added to or maintained by the board if you haven't spent it.

Thanks Marc. I took over at Man Utd the 3rd year and for 2 years now they give me 50M each summer but now that I have 25M left and i'm past January, let's see what happens the next season - hope that Americans won't take these for themselves!

PS. Something really odd: Panathinaikos won 3 Champions League the past 4 years, crazy!

Archived