system requirements

It will run the game fine. A couple of points though to think about though. Firstly if the version of windows is only the 32 bit version then you wont have access to the full 4gb that comes with the computer. You'll only have about 3.3gb available to use to use. Secondly, if you can afford one then its better I think to get a computer that has its own dedicated graphics card instead of one that uses shared memory.

It will run the game fine. A couple of points though to think about though. Firstly if the version of windows is only the 32 bit version then you wont have access to the full 4gb that comes with the computer. You'll only have about 3.3gb available to use to use. Secondly, if you can afford one then its better I think to get a computer that has its own dedicated graphics card instead of one that uses shared memory.

Yeh this happens in 32 bit systems, the memory is mapped (MMIO). This requires that these must be within the 4gb of memory. So a video card of 512mb would be mapped to the RAM therefore reducing the amount of RAM visible. But in that computer you pointed to it's a shared graphics card, and I3 processors are built for handling 3D graphics, so that's not really an issue here.

The reduction in RAM depends on the amount of devices installed in the computer. But Windows driver limit the available memory to 3.12gb.

This isn't necessarily a problem for the OP they just need to buy a 64 bit version of Windows. But 64 bit version of windows is likely to use 2gb of RAM, compared to Windows 32 bit which will use 1gb RAM. Either way you're going to have 2 gb RAM left to play Football Manager.

So if they do upgrade to the 64 bit version of Windows, it won't have any significane really? So they'd have to invest in more RAM too.

In short, the computer will play football manager just fine.

Archived