Modifying the database

His guys! I am currently on a long-term save as a journey man. It goes fine, I am glad with it and I would like to continue. But on the other side I am willing to try something else, to manage a great team full of stars, just for the sake of it. I would like to modify the database and create a team and bla-bla. Doesn't matter what I want to do.

My question is: as far as I know, tweaking players around might ruin the DB and might cause few problems, like crashing, dumps and so on. I am afraid of something happening to my long-term save if I modify it. Is that possible?

And if nothing can happen to my other save, can you recommend me tools for modifying the DB? I am a n00b in that:)

Thanks!

you should have a look through >>HERE<< for tips on editing the database to make sure you avoid any problems, but it will not affect any saves you have running at the moment only any new games you start with that particular database.

If you dont want to use the SI editor that comes with the game you can download >>FMRTE<< although its not SI licenensed and can do unexpected things to your game like create crash dumps if not used very carefully also SI will not help if there is a problem with the save as they do not test it at all or test what it does to the game. You could use either to do what your wanting to do.

Archived