Problems Turning Professional?

I've been in charge of FCAK in South Africa for going on 3 seasons now. They start off in the National First Division Inland and are at semi-pro level at the start of the game.

I have managed to have them promoted to the ABSA Premier Soccer League (South Africa's top division) but the status of the club has still remained at semi-pro. I recall previous FM games where if you managed to get a semi-pro club promoted into the top division of your Nation then the board would change the club status to a Professional club. However this has not happened to me as of yet.

I have tried signing 90% of my players on to full-time deals and having the board agree to upgrade the training and youth facilities of the club (which will be done before the start of my 4th season in charge, 2nd season in the top flight). Still, when I go to the 'Board Request' screen, the option to request that the club be turned professional is greyed out (Screenshot below) and the ToolTip just says that 'the club cannpt change it's professional status'.

muhjdk.png

Obviously this is starting to frustrate me because the semi-pro level is harming my abilities to attract a better calibre of player which will allow me to be competitive in this division.

Anyone had a similar problem or know if it is a bug or if there is maybe another reason behind this?

I don't know the club but it's possible the club will never turn professional in a similar vein that Queen's Park will always stay amateur.

In that case I will be raging!

I've just finished 4th in my 1st season in the ABSA Premier League and, thus, have qualified for the African version of the UEFA cup (Confederations Cup or something it's called). I won't have the funds or reputation to improve the squad enough to keep challenging in the league and to have a good season in the Continental competition.

Archived