Donkey Fly's Invincibles Tactic (63 Games Unbeaten! - B2B Promotions - JPT Success)

Donkey Fly's Invincibles 4-4-2

63 UNBEATEN STREAK. From League 2 to Premier League in 3 seasons (3 b2b promotions)

My first tactic for FM11H after losing 2 pre-season and 1 at start of the season badly I decided to make my own. I have the game for iPod Touch. Still in beta really but seems to be going well - would like feedback and suggestions from all those who might wanna use it.

My current game is with Bradford City in League 2. Mid Table quality side really I'd say. Low budget so don't expect to bring many players in - loans are all you really have apart from free transfers. The tactic uses a basic 4-4-2 formation with the two wide midfielders in attacking midfield positions. This almost makes the formation 4-2-4 but with the 2 wider players also available to come back and support in defence and the middle of the field.

Results

Home Torquay 6-0 win

Away Crewe 3-1 Win

Away Crewe (JPT) 1-1 Draw (Lost On Penalties :/)

Home Bury 0-0

Gillingham away 2-2 draw

Northampton Home 0-0 (10 men for 45 mins)

Burton Away 0-0

Had way too many draws really, defence was good but wasn't finishing chances. I changed wingers to inside forwards, poacher to advanced forward

and wing backs to full backs. I also made some changes to team instructions.

Lincoln Home - 3-0 win

Accrington Away - 1-0 Win

Hereford Away - 1-0 win

Oxford Away - 4-3 Win

Wycombe Home - 0-0 Draw

Looks pretty good so far. No losses. Results so far...

P 26

W 17

D 9

L 0

F 59

A 24

I have also beaten 2-3 league 1 teams in FA Cup so far.

juea83.png

The Tactic

Formation - 4-4-2 Attacking

mmpqtd.png

Team Mentality - Attacking

Passing Style - Direct

Tackling - Committed

Pressing - Yes

Offside Trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind Ball - No

169gv7s.png

Player Roles

GK - GK

RB - Full Back

LB - Full Back

LCB - Central Defender

RCB - Central Defender

AML - Inside Forward

MCL - Ball Winning Midfielder

MCR - Deep Lying Playmaker

AMR - Inside Forward

FCL - Target Man

FCR - Advanced Forward

i5c6bo.png

My key players seem to be Omar Daley (AMR) and Adeyemi (MCR). Both on great form.

Let me know how you get on if you try it and all crit is welcome!

UPDATE: So far Unbeaten after around 45 games! Lost to Premiership STOKE on penalties - drew both legs, should of won first leg, conceded last minute! Doesn't count as a loss on the game. Won the league with most goals and 2nd best conceded goals rate. High GD, 120 odd points. Starting League 1 season 2 now.

UPDATE 2: After 63 games, finally beaten by Chelsea in the FA CUP 3rd Round. Lost 4-2. Screenshot in my next post below

UPDATE 3: Back to back promotions from league 2 to championship, won JPT last season also. Played one game in Championship so far, beat Southampton 3-1.

UPDATE 4: Promoted to Premier League, via play offs, starting year 4 now.

Goin to give it a try...will let you know how it goes.

Currently 20th in championship with Barnsley playing that burnley 442 on this forum. My record is pld14 won 4 drawn 2 lost 8.

EDIT, started well with an away win at L**ds and an home win against Scunthorpe but after that failed to replicate anything like your unbeaten run. I played eight games in total and won 3, drew 1 and lost four. I can see in your pics its very succesful so i must be utilising my players wrong. Can i ask what kind of players you play as inside forwards and up front, i.e SC's or AM/FRC's etc..

Goin to give it a try...will let you know how it goes.

Currently 20th in championship with Barnsley playing that burnley 442 on this forum. My record is pld14 won 4 drawn 2 lost 8.

EDIT, started well with an away win at L**ds and an home win against Scunthorpe but after that failed to replicate anything like your unbeaten run. I played eight games in total and won 3, drew 1 and lost four. I can see in your pics its very succesful so i must be utilising my players wrong. Can i ask what kind of players you play as inside forwards and up front, i.e SC's or AM/FRC's etc..

For my first season I had Omar Daley and Bally Smart (Free) on the wings, Both AML and AMR. Up front I used James Hanson SC and Terence Makengo (Loan) SC. Hanson being targetman and Makengo advanced forward.

Not sure who Barnsley have so I can't really say who would go where for you but pace and shooting for your advanced forward and strength, heading and shooting for your target

I used this tactic with Rupel Boom FC in the Belgian Second Division and it's working a treat.

1st season - avoided relegation by 1 point (better than the board expected)

2nd season - promoted to top flight

3rd season - won the league

4th season - won the league and made Champions League 1st knockout round

5th season - won the league and won the Champions League!!

230302248.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1295913233&Signature=cb8dgpz1YMFruvTfEuOqU0GyRX8%3D

I'm putting this partly down to the tactic and partly to the fact that you can sign really decent free players after the first season (e.g. Barry, Manuele Blasi, Owen, Jaaskalinen, Joe Cole). Some fantastic Belgian regens appeared after the 3rd season as well.

Yeyy! another person to get Bradford up, now I know I aint the only one :p

Not one to brag or anything but I had a 71 unbeaten streak with them :p didnt lose at all first season, beat Newcastle 2-1 FA Cup final

Haha, I put that down to getting drawn Chelsea ;) 4-2 against them wasn't a bad result though so I was reasonably pleased

This got me relegated :(

It is essential that you have the right players for the roles set I think. For example, if I play Hanson in Advanced Forward, he barely scores, but he seems to flourish in Targetman Role. I also found by changing my two wingers from Inside Forward to Winger greatly improved their average ratings.

I used this tactic with Rupel Boom FC in the Belgian Second Division and it's working a treat.

1st season - avoided relegation by 1 point (better than the board expected)

2nd season - promoted to top flight

3rd season - won the league

4th season - won the league and made Champions League 1st knockout round

5th season - won the league and won the Champions League!!

I'm putting this partly down to the tactic and partly to the fact that you can sign really decent free players after the first season (e.g. Barry, Manuele Blasi, Owen, Jaaskalinen, Joe Cole). Some fantastic Belgian regens appeared after the 3rd season as well.

Glad it worked out for you. Free players are always a big help definately. Impressive winning the champions league though with them

hahaha... who with?

To be fair, it was Burnley in my 2nd season after I'd got them promoted to EPL. Finished 19th despite awesome signings - Aliadiere, Scott Carson, Charles Itandje, Antonio Valencia, Michael Owen, Gonzalo Jara, Charlie Adam, Kevin Nolan and a few others that I forgot xD

To be fair, it was Burnley in my 2nd season after I'd got them promoted to EPL. Finished 19th despite awesome signings - Aliadiere, Scott Carson, Charles Itandje, Antonio Valencia, Michael Owen, Gonzalo Jara, Charlie Adam, Kevin Nolan and a few others that I forgot xD

I used to use a similar tactic and found it wasnt very efficient, I found I was scoring 100+ goals a season but leaking more than the bottom teams. Thats why I moved to the standard 442 with 1 TM

One thing I've learned playing the FM series for a few years is that there isn't a guaranteed tactic. You have to develop your own tactic and style to fit your players.

In my first season at Cheltenham 2019/2020, I must have used at least 5 different formations depending on who I had available and who was fit and in form.

The result? I ran away with the league with a roster that was mediocre at best when I first came in.

Archived