Moving to a new laptop

I have FM2011 on my current laptop, but will be buying a new one soon. I want to backup all my FM files to my external hard drive and then just drag them back out onto my new laptop.

What folders/files do I need to back up?

Is it just the Sports Interactive folders, or is there a Steam folder too? Or, is no backup required, do I just need to install Steam on my new laptop, and logging into my account will put all my files/folders back? That would be awesome - does Steam hold backups like that?

Thanks in advance.

I have FM2011 on my current laptop, but will be buying a new one soon. I want to backup all my FM files to my external hard drive and then just drag them back out onto my new laptop.

What folders/files do I need to back up?

Is it just the Sports Interactive folders, or is there a Steam folder too? Or, is no backup required, do I just need to install Steam on my new laptop, and logging into my account will put all my files/folders back? That would be awesome - does Steam hold backups like that?

Thanks in advance.

You really only need to save any graphics/addons you may have downloaded, and your saves.

And, yes, installing Steam and logging in, then installing FM will bring the game back, then put any addons/saves into the right folders (which should be in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011

Archived