fm 2011 on android?

would there be any future plans for a version of fm on android. I would love this ive played every fm and all cm's before the split. back on my old amiga 500+

please consider this as more and more people have a android phone or tablet as do people have iphone or ipads

thanks chris

• SI Staff
There are more android phones in the world than iphones, why alienate players again like you did when you stopped making console games?

We aren't interntionally alienating people at all.

Please bear in mind that the iPhone version was created because it was a 'relatively' simple thing to do - I owned an iTouch and created the initial prototype in my spare time because the devices allow development in C++ which is what the FMH codebase is written in. This combined with the 'standard' features of iDevices (ie. able to utilise the same screen resolution, relatively decent minimum specs etc.) made it an easy business case to promote.

With the Android devices unfortunately there is far more fragmentation of the device specs on the market and the devices development language is Java primarilarly rather than C++ which means creating the game on the device will be more time consuming (and expensive to undertake).

As such - I'd love us to release the game on the Android systems, however at present it simply hasn't been possible.

Archived