Loaning players to a higher division?

Anybody ever done this?

I'm currently playing as Loughborough University and I've got us up to the Blue Square North.

Now, I had this guy turn up in my youth squad at the start of the last season. He was sensational throughout, scoring 54 goals in 51 games with 20 assists and an average rating of 7.86.

mattsheppardyst1profile.png

I decided to see what clubs would offer for him and was receiving offers of £800k, but I rejected them all. The thing that surprised me though was that I was having clubs from higher divisions making an offer for him on loan, saying he would be a key member of their team.

In total I received offers from 7 League 1 clubs, 3 Championship clubs and even from West Ham & Bolton in the Premiership.

I don't have a clue what to do at the moment. I want to keep him because if he plays like he did last season then we should stand a damn good chance of promotion, but on the other hand if I let him go on loan to one of the Championship clubs (or the Premiership ones) then the experience could get him a huge amount of experience and possibly help improve him as a footballer.

So, anybody got any suggestions as to what I should do, and anybody been in a situation like this before?

The only value to loaning him is that you could receive a fee for the loan and then if he has a successful spell on loan he might attract bigger bids when you do sell him.

Well surely if he went on loan to Bolton or West Ham then he would get a better standard of training than if he stayed with us for the season and so he should improve more than if he played for me all year.

Well surely if he went on loan to Bolton or West Ham then he would get a better standard of training than if he stayed with us for the season and so he should improve more than if he played for me all year.

In a way but remember 1st team football is the key for improvement, he could easily improve more playing most games for you compared to the odd appearance for Bolton/West Ham.

Aside from that though even if he does improve at the higher clubs the only way you'll benefit is perhaps financially as he won't be interested in returning to play for your club.

EDIT

Having looked at your screenshot he really should be playing at a higher level. That said if I was in your position I would be trying to hold onto him for as long as possible. How long? well that depends on his hidden attributes & how he improves. The more loyal & less ambitious he is you might be able to keep him for years, especially if you gain a few promotions.

Archived