8 years into the game, its a nightmare.

You cant adapt to one on ones, its a fact ... if your team gets 8-10 one on ones while the opponent gets none but still scores on every SINGLE opportunity, be it a long range shot, a corner or whatever then there is something wrong. Multiply real life Chelseas chances by 3 and you would have what I am currently waisting, I have even turned the match engine off ... I cant stand witnessing the amount of one on ones being missed by my team.

No team in the world gets as many chances as I do, so I guess something is wrong with the match engine and I am really struggling to win .. even though everyone has a superb moral. My last game ended 2-0 vs Ipswich in the league cup ... 12 clear cuts missed and I had to rely on two far post corners to win the game. Its like that every single match .... while my experienced keeper, Joe Hart hasnt had a single save from a shot on target in 13 games <--- this is far out as well. (the only reason I have a keeper is to prevent easy shots apparantly).

In 3 seasons I havnt scored on a direct freekick, nor has anyone scored against me in one ... the max goals I have seen from direct freekicks season were 2 .. by Arsenal.

One on one have nothing to do with tactics when they come in such abundance and are missed. I am currently missing about 90% of them ... heck even non league strikers score on their single shot against me in preseason. Enough ranting ..... going to find something else to do before I smash my keyboard to pieces.

Funny, my strikers and midfielders do just about as expected with one-on-ones, and so does my 'keeper. The striker who has composure and finishing issues tends to blast wide; the strikers with the finishing and composure ratings above 10 go 'round and place the shot, except for the one cheeky bastid who loves to lob the 'keeper.

Here's the bottom line for all complaints of this nature: if it's something that not everyone experiences, then it's not the game. That is, it's not a bug, or a defect in the programming. It may very well be a failure of the game to react the way you expect; that is, you believe that x tactics plus y training using z personnel should produce a different outcome than is actually resulting. In that case, I'd suggest making changes to the variables until it works, then deciding if those changes represent realism or not.

Archived