Not enough Injuries!

I know know, there is always something to whine about. I'm managing Spurs, first season. Before i started the game i edited in Defoe/Dawson's injuries and put them out until November as in real life, i extended Woodgate's injury problem by another two months, and i even went as far as to Put King's natural fitness way down to one, because he is ALWAYS fit. Granted his situation is impossible to replicate in a game but i digress, i just wanted to make it more challenging because Spurs already have big squad.

Anyway, i am at the start of December now, and Defoe and Dawson are fully fit, they recovered like superhumans. I just want to know is there anyway in FMRTE to give some players a few injuries, because my squad hardly ever get really injured. I've had a few out for 5 weeks at certain points, but i would prefer not having a fully fit King to choose from every 3 days. I would also consider giving one of my players a long layoff(like Huddlestone) because it is just not happening at the moment. Weird i know, but my injury table is minute compared to every other club, and my physio's are nothing special

Everyones game is different and you will get people saying they have too many injuries, which is the nature of this type of game and thats the way it should be.

But I do understand where you are coming from. I often find after a tough pre-season that maybe included the World Cup aswel, my full 25 man squad are 100% fit on the opening day of the season. That never happens IRL lol! But it's very difficult to represent injuries accurately in a game.

I suggest looking at the thread below. It's a injury model created by Gillsman which adds fantastic depth to injuries.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/163936-RELEASED-GillsMan-s-New-Injuries-Model/page2

I wouldn't want more injuries, especially with the '3 subs' semi-glitch. Where by you make 3 subs in the game and then get an injury to another player shortly afterwards.

On my Spurs game I was getting battered in matches, regularly making subs due to injuries and not for tactical reasons.

It seems to have calmed down now.

But I'm at new year on mine so I'm expecting the 3 month lay off to my best player to happen soon.

But I'm at new year on mine so I'm expecting the 3 month lay off to my best player to happen soon.

Pretty much been stripped of my central defence. King and Dawson out for 2 months each within a week of each other with EXACTLY the same injury.

Bassong at the ACON.

The injury system is fine, don't mess with it. It doesn't need it.

I dis-agree that the injury system is fine.

I have played 7 seasons on FM10 with Wally's update of Gilsman's injury model (listed in above thread) without any bugs or issues in the game. I now have a more realistic and detailed injury system, that enhances my experience of FM.

Of course people should exercise caution when using external editors/models , but from mine and other peoples experiences of Gillsman's injury model, there are no problems at all with it.

I dont want more injuries, thats what ruined fm09 for me and found it really unenjoyable. Its far better like this, the games meant to be fun. They have killed FMLive trying to cater to the odd 1 or 2 who want things so realistic it becomes dull to play please dont ruin FM aswell.

Archived