Please help

Having just installed the game for the first time, i was happily in the process of completing my manager profile when a message popped up saying unable to read disc, please enter disc into the drive. I am aware that this may occur when trying to patch the steam version manually, however I didnt use steam at all, the installer strangely skips past this option so I couldnt anyway. I have uninstalled and reinstalled without the patch but still with the disc and the same message appears

please help

Thanks

Ha, I know you may get some less than intellectual posters around here but no, I don't take the disc out

Worth a try :D Its unbelieveable some of the questions that get asked on here :p

Try reading the FAQ thread. Follow the instuctions for a manual uninstall to be sure you have cleared ALL of the FM files and reinstall the game and try again.

Does the drive work with other game discs/CDs/DVDs? Could be the drive. Give it a clean with one of those cleaning kits.

Is it possible to have Steam run your game with the serial key you get with the boxed version? I am sure I have seen people suggest this for drives that are dodgy. If the disc continues to be a problem you may want to read up on the Steam FAQs and look in to this option.

Archived