Couple of issues I've spotted and one question... (overall it's great though)

The player interraction seems a bit strange.

I just won a great League Cup game againstr a side two divisions above me. I had a chat with my winning goalscorer to tell him he did well in the game (Match rating of 7.7) and he said 'I thought I was rubbish' so instead of getting into a row, I said 'Fair enough'

And he stormed out of the meeting before he said something he would regret!

I can understand a player getting angry if you tell him he was crap when he'd had a good game, but why would anyone get angry because someone told them they did well in a game they scored in and then conceded to them when they said they had thought otherwise? It's happened a few times to me that praise of a good performance has led to a player's morale being shot.

The other thing is there seems to be a lot of freak goals. I'm only three games into my second season and I've seen two crosses dipping over the 'keper's head and going in at the far post ('He certainly didn't mean that') and one of the own goal where the ball hits the post and rebounds on to the 'keeper's back. I conceded several of those last season as well.

It seems a rare occurance to happen so often.

And the question is, I absolutely love the contract negotiations - so much more realistic to have it done sat around a table rather than over three days - but can you get out of a contract negotiation without making the player hate you?

I've gone in and realised that I couldn't afford the wages until I'd sold someone else, and when I've exited talks, the next time I've tried to talk to them they've refused to have anything to do with me 'after the way the talks broke down'

Archived