Do you need the disc in to run the game?

Hey All,

Stupid question. I posted another in the Xbox 360 thread, already, so I figured I'd get my idiocy out of the way fast.

My computer has a pretty poor disc drive and only runs the discs I put in about 50% of the time. I was wondering if I would just be able to download the game off the disc once, and not have to put the disc in each time I played.

Also, anyone know any place to get the game in the US(question in the 360 thread)? I haven't seen it and I don't really want to pay a lot in shipping charges. I heard about some compatibility issues with the European version on American machines (xbox), but I'm sure that won't be an issue with a PC.

Any help would be great. I feel like such a dunce asking such questions. Thanks!

There is the posibility of a digital download, but i'm not overly sure where. Best google it. There's no way of using the disc version without the disc, it would require a cd crack and that's illegal. Digital download is probably best, or it would probably be cheaper to buy a new dvd drive that works icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kancit5667:

You can buy the game from SI as a digital download. I did icon_smile.gif Just go to the SI homepage and follow the links. In the US, you still need to download the US version.

I know, it kills me! Just give us normal FM!

You dont need the disc in after the game has started.

Once you have loaded your game you can remove the disc and it will run fine. I often play Football Manager and Championship Manager at the same time on my computer by starting FM first then removing the disc and placing the CM one in icon_wink.gif

Archived