The Volatile and Confrontational Type (Balotelli again!)

Just to shed some light, here's my post made on a thread about Balotelli going on a free transfer

Don't blame them. Balotelli is a bloody pest!

NONE of my private chats with him reached a positive outcome. He misses training, I issue a warning, and he's unhappy? O' RLY?! What did you expect, a hug?

Needless to say, he now has three reasons for being unhappy. I dropped him to the reserves, rejected his transfer request, and he feels he's being treated unfairly (O' RLY?!).

Needless to say, he can rot in the reserves until 2015! I don't mind paying his wage as long as I keep him pis*ed off. Yes, he annoys me that much, it's a shame, since his stats are really good. But, Jo, Adebayor and Tevez have been outperforming him in every game, which is comforting.

Anyway, my question here is, how do you resolve issues with players that have such a personality?

It seems like entering a private chat with these players only aggravates the issue and makes them unhappy. I already entered three or more private chats with Balotelli, NONE of them had a positive outcome (probably the most realistic thing in FM yet :p)

Even a chat about his perfomance, usually the safest bet to increase morale, goes downhill!

Oh well, he can rot in the reserves and waste the next 4 years of his career. I'm not going anywhere, and neither is he :p

Plus, the rate at which he misses training sessions, I'll end up paying 2 weeks worth of wages per month :D

Sorry for the double post, but thought I might as well update you on this situation, for anyone facing the same issue with one of their players.

After literally slapping Fines of 2 week wages on Balotelli, who missed Training on almost a weekly basis (seriously, he ended up not being paid at all!) Eventually, an item popped up in my box, Balotelli wanted a chat in my office :D

He said that he was concerned that he doesn't seem to be a part of my plans, and he would like to leave to get some First team football. I told him that I will give him that opprtunity, but he needs to work hard to stay there.

He is still concerned, mind you. But I think if he gets the first team football, he will eventually stay

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that he wanted to chat after I placed him in the senior squad again

Archived