Requested feature - Arcade or old school mode

Afx

When CM first came out in 1992 it was quite a simple game of a few tactics, a small amount of attributes for players and so - Even though nowadays I still enjoy the FM series for all of it's in depth detail being a football simulation game, I still sometimes wish to just play the game without having to bother and care about training, team tactics, player tactics, media, scouting, player interactions, finances, realism and so on (Yes I'm aware you can turn some features off/ask your assistant to take over) and was wondering if SI game developers have ever considered implementing an old school or arcade type mode like the old CM series of games?

I can't answer your question, but if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch or a PSP I'd say give FM Handheld a go. I've been playing FMH 2010 on my iPhone non-stop lately and it is much closer to the old CM version of the game but with a simple 2D match view rather than just text.

Compared to the full PC/Mac version it is obviously a lot more simple - but that sounds exactly what you are looking for. Plus you can get the iPhone version for about £5.

I like the complexity too but I still sometimes do not have the time and patience for complexity in FM and just want to have a fun game of for example taking a lower league side to the Premiership without having to plow through pages of messages, schedules, statistics and attributes.

Archived